3 Song Ideas to present to group

The ideas I came up with for the group were The Rifles- Go Lucky, Shelter- XX and What If- Bombay Bicycle Club. Both Bombay Bicycle Club and Rifles are both quite similar with regards to video ideas as they are both upbeat and of an indie rock genre. Where as XX is very indie and would require a totally different style of video due to its alternative style.






Song Lyrics
The moon is waiting for me
It finds me feeling all loaded up and alone
With no one there to hold
In the art of my control I found my calling
And I've been fooling out of bars'
There's a banging in my head that aches
And my fingers start to shake like I just gave my heart away

One day to another day
I wasn't looking for a change but a change I'll better make
I'm stuck and it's not enough
But if it wasn't for luck then I wouldn't make the same mistakes

And now it's so hard to please, the way I'm feeling
Better buckle up, be all the way, I might just finally chase
All the time of yesterday, will I be leaving
But little things are never wrong
'Cause there's much pretty things like love
Pay little mind, gotta step the game
'Cause it took too long to take a walk down the temple anyway

One day to another day
I wasn't looking for a change but a change I'll better make
I'm stuck and it's not enough
But if it wasn't for luck then I wouldn't make the same mistakes

Would've said that I loved you
Would've thought those silly lies
If I could give my world to you
Would it feel like another lie

There's a banging in my head that aches
And my fingers start to shake like I just gave my heart away

One day to another day
I wasn't looking for a change but a change came anyway
I'm stuck like a sitting duck
But if it wasn't for luck then I wouldn't make the same mistakes
The sound of the song sound quite happy however when we analyse the lyrics we do not get this same impression. It comes across as trying to get a girl back. The idea of having to step up the singers game to impress the girl. Due to the upbeat nature of the song we would have to do a fast pace video for it to make sense. It does not especially matter if we do a happy medium as that is what the sound represents. 





I could go and ask her first,
You could try but it won't work,
I don't want my cover blown,
I should do this on my own,

The night has gone,
And I'm walking home,
But I still don't,
I still don't know,

The night has gone,
And I'm walking home,
But I still don't,
I still don't know,

If only, one of us,
Had the guts tonight,

Its so hard to find the silent type,
Someone shy who won't spread the hype,
You're so cold and you're in this crowd,
I am on my way now,

The night has gone,
And I'm walking home,
But I still don't,
I still don't know,

The night has gone,
And I'm walking home,
But I still don't,
I still don't know,

If only, one of us,
Had the guts tonight,

You could go and ask her first,
You could try but it won't work,
I don't want my cover blown,
I should do this on my own,

If only, one of us,
Had the guts tonight,

And what if one of us,
Had the guts tonight,

The lyrics to this song are quite strange they also do not match the upbeat sound of the song. This is a similarity of the two songs that i have already shown. They are both upbeat and fit our idea of picking up a camera and passing it between each other. The song seems as if it is a conversation between to individuals this could be an effective idea for a video a music video. For example you could have the same individual on either side of a wall singing the same son either at the same time or different times. The lyrics are quite alternating so it is important to adapt as the song goes on. 




I find shelter, in this way
Under cover, hide away
Can you hear, when I say?
I have never felt this way

Maybe I had said, something that was wrong
Can I make it better, with the lights turned on
Maybe I had said, something that was wrong
Can I make it better, with the lights turned on

Could I be, was I there?
It felt so crystal in the air
I still want to drown, whenever you leave
Please teach me gently, how to breathe

And I'll cross oceans, like never before
So you can feel the way I feel it too
And I'll mirror images back at you
So you can see the way I feel it too

Maybe I had said, something that was wrong
Can I make it better, with the lights turned on
Maybe I had said, something that was wrong
Can I make it better, with the lights turned on

Maybe I had said, something that was wrong
Can I make it better, with the lights turned on


Lastly XX, the sound of the band is completely different to either Bombay Bicycle Club and The Rifle. Their sound is so unique and recognizable that they are very hard to do. The song would take lots of planning and lots of shots to make it successful. I imagine making the video in a very dark environment o even black and white like the album cover. It is important to feature both a man and woman in the song as well to make it realistic. When making a video such as this i think the acting is especially important. I am not sure our group members or even classmates are appropriate for the acting. We may need to outsource this to the older environment. They are quite a sophisticated and minimalistic band. There sound is so noticeable which means they are probably not appropriate for this task. The lyrics and sound to the song are quite depressing which means a totally different focus to the video. The lyrics suggest trying to cope with a problem and needing somebody- each of the songs reference love throughout. For this music video i would not want to see lip sync but a peice of acting instead. The individuals would not have to sing at all just play out a story.